CubScout Pack 152 Berlin
CubScout Grand Prix Pinewood Derby Rules 2019
1. The car must have been made during the current year (the year in which the derby is held).
2. The width of the car shall not exceed 2-3/4 inches.
3. The length of the car shall not exceed 7 inches.
4. The weight of the car shall not exceed 5 ounces.
5. The height of the car shall not exceed 3 inches.
6. The width between wheels shall not be less than 1 3/4.
7. The bottom clearance between car and track shall not be less than 3/8.
8. Axles and body wood shall be as provided in the kit.
9. The car must use 4 wheels each of which must touch the track.
10. Only official Cub Scout Grand Prix Pinewood Derby wheels and axles are permitted.
11. Wheel bearings, washers, and bushings are prohibited.
12. The car shall not ride on any kind or type of springs.
13. Any details added must be within length, width, and weight limits.
14. The car must be freewheeling, with no starting devices.
15. Details, such as steering wheel and driver are permissible as long as these details do not exceed the maximum length, width and weight specifications.
16. No loose materials of any kind (such as lead shot) are allowed in the car.
17. Only dry lubricant is permitted.
The official number must be clearly marked or visible on both sides of the car.
19. Each car must pass inspection, the owner will be informed of the reason for failure, and will be given time within the official weigh-in time period to make adjustment.
20. After final approval, cars will be impounded and cannot be handled by anyone other than race officials unless the car is damaged in handling or in a race.
If you have a question please ask before race day. The idea is to have fun and to create a level playing field.
(Note: #18 has been removed. The car will be given a number at check-in and affixed to the bottom of the car by race officials. If your child would like to add a number to their car as part of their design, this no problem but will not necessarily be their official race number. )