The cub scout uniform is an important part of scouting. The uniform represents a national youth leadership organization. It provides a sense of belonging as well as a place to display awards earned while in the program. It enforces equality for all youth and identifies them as part of the PACK or DEN. A scout is proud to wear and display the symbols of scouting and to be acknowledged as part of the BSA. While in Cub Scouts your son will have the opportunity to wear the NAVY Blue Uniform shirt while earning the TIGER, WOLF, BEAR & WEBELO'S Rank. Upon earning the Webelo's rank the scouts are asked to move into wearing the TAN uniform shirt. The TAN shirt is worn by Webelos as part of the transition into boy scouts. As it is the same shirt worn by the Boy scouts.
The Cub Scout uniform has the following parts:
Pack 623 does not require the pants/shorts, socks and cap. We do however ask that the boys wear the CLASS A Uniform shirt with the neckerchief and slide at the meetings.
- Shirt—The official uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets and "Boy Scouts of America" lettered in gold above the right pocket. (REQUIRED)
- Trousers or shorts—Official blue.
- Belt—Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle and Tiger Cub, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout emblem.(RECOMMENDED)
- Socks—Official socks are available in three lengths: ankle, crew, and knee. Tiger Cubs' socks are navy blue with orange tops. Cub Scouts' socks are navy blue with gold tops.
- Cap—Official navy-blue cap with orange front panel and tiger cub emblem for Tiger Cubs; yellow panel and wolf emblem for Wolf Cub Scouts; blue panel and bear emblem for Bear Cub Scouts. Webelos Scouts wear an olive cap with a plain panel bearing the Webelos logo.
- Neckerchief—Triangular neckerchief is orange with navy-blue trim for Tiger Cubs, gold with navy-blue trim for Wolf Cub Scouts, light blue with navy-blue trim for Bear Cub Scouts, and plaid for Webelos Scouts. Official BSA neckerchiefs are the only neckerchiefs that boys should wear. Packs should not make their own pack neckerchiefs.(REQUIRED)
- Neckerchief slide—Official gold-tone metal slide with the Tiger Cub, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout logo. Boys may wear handmade neckerchief slides.(REQUIRED)
- ALL BOOKS ARE INCLUDED IN REGISTRATION DUES
The scout may be asked to wear the class b t-shirt on certain field trips and den meetings depending on the location and event.
The leader will let the scout know when this is a requirement.
Class B (or scout t-shirt) are shirts mentioned below that are for outings where a full uniform is not required.
Where to purchase the uniform:
The Cub scout uniform can be purchased thru the local BSA Scout Shop.